Jesse A. Footlik is a Partner with Peck Ritchey, LLC. In addition to representing individuals and families as heirs and beneficiaries, Jesse represents corporate and individual fiduciaries, including financial institutions and healthcare providers. Further, Jesse regularly advises clients involved in various Power of Attorney (POA) disputes, breach of fiduciary duty cases, contested heirships, wrongful death dependency hearings, and will and trust construction or interpretation matters.
For over a decade, Jesse has delivered successful results to his clients both in and out of the courtroom. Notably, Jesse has successfully litigated numerous cases on both the trial and appellate court levels. Jesse has significant experience guiding clients though the probate process in decedent’s estates and the estates of disabled adults and minors. In addition, Jesse continues to be retained as co-counsel with downstate Illinois attorneys in substantial estate and trust disputes involving farmland.
Jesse has been named an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2015, nominated by his peers as one of the best attorneys in Illinois, an honor which is bestowed upon no more than 2.5% of Illinois attorneys annually. He was also selected by Leading Lawyers Magazine as a top Emerging Lawyer in Elder Law and Trust, Will & Estate Planning Law. In recognition of his success and contributions to the legal community, Jesse received the 2021 Outstanding Alumni Award from Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Jesse is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, where he serves as Chair of the Probate Practice Rules and Forms Committee. He also serves on the Chicago-Kent Young Alumni Council as a Vice President. Jesse has presented numerous legal seminars to attorneys and non-attorneys, and has assisted in the preparation of new probate and elder law legislation. Prior to law school at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Jesse graduated from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- Peck Ritchey, LLC Ranked in 2022 “Best Law Firms”
- Congratulations 2021 Super Lawyers!
- Peck Ritchey, LLC has a new Chicago home!
- Estate Planning in the COVID-19 Era
- Seven Peck Ritchey, LLC Attorneys Named 2019 Super Lawyers
- Jesse Footlik and Judge Degnan Present at IICLE 14th Annual Elder Law Short Course
- Seven Attorneys of Peck Ritchey, LLC Named 2019 Super Lawyers/Rising Stars for Chicago Trust and Estate Litigation
- Peck Ritchey, LLC Attorneys Named to 2018 List of Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Congratulations Jesse A. on your success with the firm!
- Congrats to our 2018 super lawyers
- Peck Ritchey, LLC attorneys named to Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2017
- CEU Event this Thursday at Ronald McDonald House on Ethics – Questioning Capacity
- Attorney Jesse A. Footlik to Hold “When Dementia Leads to Drama” Event
- Peck Ritchey, LLC Attorneys Named Illinois Super Lawyers
April 28, 2016: “Ethics-Competency,” Ronald McDonald House, 211 E. Grand, Chicago, IL
October 28, 2015: “Questioning Capacity – Ethics Discussion,” The Fairmont, 5061 N Pulaski, Chicago, IL
Oct 13, 2015: “When Dementia Leads to Drama”, Bethesda Home & Retirement Center, Chicago, IL
May 22, 2014: “Celebrity Sized Problems: Infamous Cases of Elder Abuse & Financial Exploitation” and “Hoarding”, The Hallmark Chicago, Chicago, IL
April 23, 2014: “Lessons Learned from End of Life Disputes: The Terri Schiavo Issues”, Highland Park Hospital, Highland Park, IL
April 2, 2014: “Lessons Learned from End of Life Disputes”, Glenbrook Hospital, Glenview, IL
February 27, 2014: “The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste”, Chicago, IL
July 25, 2013: “Modern Family”, St. Joesph Hospital, Chicago, IL
July 10, 2013: “Hoarding”, St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL
May 15, 2013: “Ethical Issues Related to End of Life” McCormick & Schmick’s, Skokie, IL
April 10, 2013: “Guardianship”, Advocate Medical Hospital, Oak Brook, IL
March 27, 2013: “Hoarding”, Evergreen Healthcare, Evergreen Park, IL
December 6, 2012: “Ethical Issues Related to End of Life”, Terrace Gardens, Morton Grove, IL
November 13, 2012: “Ethical Issues Related to End of Life”, Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, IL
May 9, 2012: “Challenges When Advising Elderly Clients”, Our Lady of the Resurrection Hospital, Chicago, IL