Arlington Heights Guardianship Litigation Lawyers
For most people, taking care of your family and their future is your top priority. How will you provide for your family if something happens to you? How can you protect your child with special needs or your aging parent with declining health?
Taking care of your family can also mean making difficult decisions and addressing thorny issues. What do you do if you and your family members disagree about the management of your family business? What happens when you and your siblings disagree about the validity of your parents’ will? What will you do if your elderly relative’s guardian is not fulfilling their responsibilities, putting your loved one at risk?
It is in these consequential moments that you need an experienced guardianship litigation attorney. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, the attorneys of Peck Ritchey, LLC have handled all manner of cases involving probate, estate, and guardian litigation and administration for Arlington Heights individuals and families.
We understand that estate and guardianship matters can elicit a range of emotions: fear, frustration, anger, and sadness. More than just lawyers, we are advisors, counselors, and good listeners. We will treat your case with the utmost care, respect, and professionalism, and we will go to great lengths to protect your and your family’s interests.
Contact Peck Ritchey, LLC today at (855) 328-5787 to learn more about how we can help you.
Why Choose Peck Ritchey, LLC to Represent You?
Peck Ritchey, LLC is a boutique firm that focuses on cases involving guardianship, estate planning, probate, special needs planning, elder law, and small and family business planning. We are proud of our reputation as fierce advocates in the courtroom and efficient negotiators at the conference table. We represent all sides of cases, including a decedent’s estate, estate or trust administrator, guardian, or claimant.
You may think that you can get by without a lawyer and represent yourself, but we would caution you against that. Establishing airtight legal documents for a guardianship or an estate is a skill that only the most experienced attorneys can accomplish. For such sensitive situations, you want to be confident that you and your loved ones are protected. Furthermore, if you are charged with being a trust or estate administrator or a legal guardian, your actions and decisions have significant consequences for which you can be held legally responsible. An attorney who is knowledgeable in this specific area of the law can help you navigate the challenges associated with these important roles.
Our Legal Services
The attorneys at Peck Ritchey, LLC have decades of combined legal experience in the following areas:
- Probate, trust, and guardianship litigation: Whether you are contesting or defending a will, trust, or guardianship, Peck Ritchey, LLC has the experience and assertiveness necessary to represent your interests. Our attorneys have handled cases involving a breach of fiduciary duty, discovered assets, lack of mental capacity, theft, mismanagement, and much more.
- Estate, trust, and guardianship administration: If you are charged with the administration of an estate, trust, or guardianship, Peck Ritchey, LLC can advise you on this important role. For estate administrators, our attorneys can guide you through the probate process, handle the necessary accounting documentation, and, if necessary, represent you in court. We also help with choosing and obtaining the appropriate guardianship for your loved one. Trusts are far more complex, with a range of types that carry different qualifications, characteristics, and rules according to federal and state law. Our attorneys can advise you on which type of trust to establish, counsel you on the particular rules of a trust that has already been established, and assist with disputes or legal issues that arise along the way.
- Estate planning: Peck Ritchey, LLC provides a range of estate planning services, including wills, trusts, health care powers of attorney, beneficiary designations, and guardianship designations. Employing an experienced estate planning attorney is important when you need to establish indisputable estate plans that will protect your and your family’s rights and property.
- Alzheimer’s disease planning: If a loved one is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, it is important that you act quickly to establish a proper legal framework to care for them as the disease progresses. This may include health care powers of attorney, housing, financial management, and guardianship.
- Elder law: The elder law attorneys of Peck Ritchey, LLC care about seniors and are committed to protecting their rights and interests and providing for their highest quality of life.
- Asset protection: Peck Ritchey, LLC can help structure your assets to discourage future lawsuits, avoid seizure by creditors, protect future income flow, and minimize taxes.
- Special needs planning: Peck Ritchey, LLC helps clients who have family members with special needs to maximize the resources available to care for them over their lifetime. By establishing a special needs trust, for example, our attorneys can protect your loved one’s access to private funds without disqualifying them for current or future public assistance.
- Elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation: If you believe your elderly loved one has been the victim of abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation, Peck Ritchey, LLC can help you hold the responsible party accountable. Whether it occurs within your family, at a nursing home, by a known caregiver, or by an individual preying on vulnerable seniors, our attorneys will aggressively pursue the offender and seek justice for your loved one.
- Corporate law, including small and family business planning: Peck Ritchey, LLC also handles a range of legal matters for all sizes of businesses, including small and family businesses. Our attorneys can help with entity formation, buying and selling existing businesses, contract drafting, and tax planning.
- Guardianship litigation: Whenever someone is appointed to act as guardian for someone else, they have a duty to act in the best interests of that person. If someone you love has been assigned to a guardian and you believe that guardian is failing in their duties, either intentionally or accidentally, we can help.
Contact Peck Ritchey, LLC Today
Peck Ritchey, LLC has the legal experience you need to protect your and your loved ones’ assets, rights, and future. Our team of guardianship litigation and administration attorneys is committed to representing clients in Arlington Heights with compassion, determination, and professionalism. Contact Peck Ritchey, LLC today at (855) 328-5787 to speak with an attorney about your needs.